This on-demand certificate program is designed to work around you—your brokerage, your schedule, your pace, and your specific interests. Once registered, students have access to all selected modules for 12 consecutive months.
This is not your traditional webinar-style education. MRD Training & Consulting's engaging learning format leverages videos, interactive assignments, quizzes, and case studies to ensure students do more than just 'complete the course' — they also have a demonstrated understanding of the content.
Modules can be started and stopped anytime at designated intervals. Students' progress may be saved and then resumed when they log back into the portal.
All you need is a computer with reliable internet access.
- Understand the underwriting process of a Commercial client and how to complete a proper submission
- Have a deep understanding of the CGL policy including all exclusions
- Be able to fully comprehend a commercial property policy and possible extensions of coverage
- Obtain a high level understanding of Business Interruption concepts and the policies available in the marketplace
Who should take this?
All brokers from entry to intermediate
"I am very impressed with this. I have been working on the commercial side of things for 3 years and this is not the average webinar that I was expecting. I have recommended that this be something for new hires to help with learning the ropes of Commercial Insurance. What I have seen so far actually has me excited for the rest of the course. I also greatly appreciate the very fast response to all my questions."
Completion of each mandatory module will award 4 CE credits for general, and adjuster licenses.
Commercial Risk Assessment
- The principles of risk assessment
- Exposure identification
- COPE Construction, occupancy, protection, exposure
- Commercial property coverage
Commercial General Liability
- Exposures and coverages
- Umbrella coverage
- Case studies
- Exposures and coverages
- Property wording review
- Introduction to endorsements
Commercial Extensions & Endorsements
- Building by-law endorsements
- Stock spoilage
- Mortgage rate guarantee
- Floater policies
- Essential terminology and context
- Co-insurance and payroll
- Exclusions and endorsements
- The seven steps to coverage and how a claim is calculated
Melanie Needham is an award-winning insurance education specialist, and the president of MRD Training & Consulting. Melanie has this incredible talent to take very technical topics and translate it into an incredible learning experience where each participant comes away feeling like they are an expert. She is known for her wit and sense of humour which even comes through in on demand courses.